Understanding and Implementing Residents Rights
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Residents of health care facilities have specific rights protected by law. Health care professionals should be aware of the importance of residents' rights, and specific residents' rights. This course will provide insight into the importance of residents' rights, while highlighting the specific rights of residents. Additionally, this course will review recommendations that may be used to uphold residents' rights, and optimize resident care.
Author: Marc R. Macera, PharmD
References / Contributions by:
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. (2018, September). AACN guiding principles for appropriate staffing. https://www.aacn.org/policy-and-advocacy/guiding-principles-forstaffing
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021, June 2). Elder abuse. https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/elderabuse/index.html
- National Institute on Aging. (2020, July 29). Elder Abuse. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/elderabuse
- National Institute of Mental Health. (2019, May). Post-traumatic stress disorder. https:// www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2020). Dietary guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025. 9th Edition. https://www.dietaryguidelines.gov/sites/default/files/2020-12/Dietary_Guidelines_for_Americans_2020-2025.pdf
CEU Course Objectives
- Discover the importance of residents' rights, while obtaining insight into resident abuse.
- Identify recommendations that may be used to uphold residents' rights.
- Recognize residents' rights, requirements, regulations, and laws included in Title 42 Part 483.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Section 1: Resident Abuse
- Section 1: Summary
- Section 1: Key Concepts
- Section 1: Key Terms
- Section 1: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 2: Residents' Rights Recommendations
- Section 2: Summary
- Section 2: Key Concepts
- Section 2: Key Terms
- Section 2: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 3: Title 42 Part 483
- Section 3: Summary
- Section 3: Key Concepts
- Section 3: Key Terms
- Section 3: Personal Reflection Question
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2022-01-01