Optimal Living Space for People with Alzheimer's Disease
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides: the history of Alzheimer’s care facilities; a model of residential care; case studies; and design considerations for Alzheimer’s disease relating to way-finding and orientation, safety and security, entry and egress, bathing, secure outdoor spaces, private and quiet spaces, engaged wandering, and supporting family and professional caregiver involvement, among other aspects.
1. Describe the impact of Alzheimer's disease on the nation's population, including how it influences the lives of caregivers.
2. Outline the evolution of Alzheimer's care facilities in the United States from the early 1900s to the present time.
3. Discuss critical issues that need to be addressed to best support Alzheimer's individuals as their cognitive abilities and acuity levels progressively decline.
4. Summarize best practice design considerations for Alzheimer's care facilities.
5. Review case studies of physical environments that provide home-like settings and promote independence.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-06-14