Mental Health Care for Veterans
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Research presented by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs suggests that military veterans may suffer from a variety of mental health conditions. The question is, what types of mental health conditions may affect military veterans, and what should healthcare professionals consider when assessing military veterans for mental health conditions? This course will answer that very question while highlighting military veteran care recommendations.
Author: Marc R. Macera, PharmD
References / Contributions by:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2023, January 3). Coping with stress. https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/stress-coping/cope-with-stress/ index.html
- Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. (2023). Warning signs of drug abuse. https://www.tn.gov/behavioral-health/substanceabuse- services/treatment---recovery/treatment---recovery/prescription-forsuccess/ warning-signs-of-drug-abuse.html
- National Institute of Mental Health. (2022, April). Anxiety disorders. https:// www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2022, March 1). Help for service members and their families. https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/veterans
CEU Course Objectives
- Identify concepts central to the care of military veterans with mental health conditions, such as risk factors, signs, and assessment tools.
- Discover the mental health conditions that may affect military veterans.
- Recall military veteran care recommendations while obtaining insight into treatment options for mental health conditions.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Section 1: Mental Health Conditions
- Section 1: Summary
- Section 1: Key Concepts
- Section 1: Key Terms
- Section 1: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 2: Military Veteran Care Recommendations
- Section 2: Summary
- Section 2: Key Concepts
- Section 2: Key Terms
- Section 2: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 3: Case Studies
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2023 - 01/03/2026. Social workers completing this course receive 2.00 'General' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 1969-12-31