CEU Course Description
Breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer. Breast cancer is also one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. Therefore, health care professionals should possess insight into breast cancer in order to optimize patient care. This course reviews the fundamental aspects of breast cancer care, while highlighting breast cancer screening recommendations, breast cancer staging, and treatment.
Author: Marc R. Macera, PharmD
References / Contributions by:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, September 26). What is breast cancer?https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/basic_info/what-is-breast-cancer.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, September 26). What is breast cancer screening? https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/basic_info/screening.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, January 31). Alcohol and cancer. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/alcohol/
- National Cancer Institute. (2022, September 28). Breast cancer treatment - health professional version. https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/hp/breast-treatment-pdq#_27
- American Cancer Society. (2021, December 16). Breast cancer risk factors you cannot change. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/risk-and-prevention/breast-cancer-risk-factors-you-cannot-change.html
CEU Course Objectives
- Identify concepts central to breast cancer care, such as: risk factors, symptoms, and screening recommendations.
- Recall how breast cancer is staged.
- Discover breast cancer treatment options.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Section 1: Breast Cancer
- Section 1: Summary
- Section 1: Key Concepts
- Section 1: Key Terms
- Section 1: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 2: Breast Cancer Staging
- Section 2: Summary
- Section 2: Key Concepts
- Section 2: Key Terms
- Section 2: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 3: Treatment
- Section 3: Summary
- Section 3: Key Concepts
- Section 3: Key Terms
- Section 3: Personal Reflection Question
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2023-01-01