CEU Course Description
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States. Therefore, healthcare professionals should possess insight into skin cancer in order to optimize patient care. This course provides insight into skin cancer while reviewing skin cancer screening, treatment options, and treatment recommendations.
Author: Marc R. Macera, PharmD
References / Contributions by:
- American Cancer Society. (2019, July 19). How to do a skin self-exam. https://www.cancer.org/healthy/be-safe-in-sun/skin-exams.html
- American Cancer Society. (2019, August 14). Melanoma skin cancer stages. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/melanoma-skin-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/melanomaskin-cancer-stages.html
- American Cancer Society. (2021). Skin cancer treatments. https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/cancer-control/en/booklets-flyers/skin-cancer-treatments.pdf
- American Cancer Society. (2022, March 22). Treatment of melanoma skin cancer, by stage. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/melanoma-skin-cancer/treating/by-stage.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, April 18). Skin cancer. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/index.htm
- Skin Cancer Foundation. (2022, January). Skin cancer 101. https://www.skincancer.org/skincancer-information/
CEU Course Objectives
- Identify concepts central to skin cancer prevention, detection, and treatment, such as risk factors, types of skin cancer, and self-examination.
- Discover the stages of melanoma.
- Recognize the treatment options for skin cancer.
- Recall treatment options for each stage of melanoma.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Section 1: Skin Cancer
- Section 1: Summary
- Section 1: Key Concepts
- Section 1: Key Terms
- Section 1: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 2: Treatment
- Section 2: Summary
- Section 2: Key Concepts
- Section 2: Key Terms
- Section 2: Personal Reflection Question
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2023-01-01