Medical Errors Prevention
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Florida: This course is 'ONLY' approved for ME credit in Florida for Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians and Nutrition Counselors for medical errors credit. All others will receive GN (General) credit only.
CE Course Description
This course is a fusing together of a short AHRQ Medical Errors Tip Prevention pamphlet and a more involved paper detailing the scope, definition, investigation process and laws surrounding Medical Errors. The paper focuses on Florida but the definitions, protocols and preventions outlined are certainly applicable anywhere.
CE Course Objectives
1. Demonstrate knowledge of common consumer tips regarding medical error prevention.
2. Explain the scope and definitions of the medical errors problem.
3. Define root cause analysis and its use in medical errors prevention.
4. Understand Florida legal definitions as well as Joint Commission findings.
5. Enumerate greater risk populations and most common misdiagnosed conditions.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2011-09-01