HIV Infection in Women
$27.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The worldwide HIV epidemic continues to afflict young women; at the same time, the number of women who acquire HIV infection at birth is slowly rising. This CEU course provides the epidemiology and natural history of HIV infection in women; approaches to use with the patient; prevention of HIV infection; information related to primary medical care; adherence to HIV treatment and retention in care; and international perspectives.
Article Author: Jean Anderson, M.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the expertise needed to provide care for women with HIV.
2. Enumerate the details that should be included on written instructions given to the patient.
3. Explain the most common error made by counselors when counseling women infected with HIV.
4. Investigate which condition, in the presence of HIV infection, is an AIDS-defining condition.
5. Examine the factor that has been shown over time to increase the likelihood that a patient will receive effective ART and to prolong the life of people with HIV infection.
6. Identify which group of women have the highest prevalence of HIV infection in the US population as a whole.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-05-22