Sexual Harassment, Prevention, and California Law
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course provides detailed information on: sexual harassment in the workplace; prevention of sexual harassment; employer responsibilities, liability, and obligations; employee responsibilities; types of sexual harassment claims; behavior that is considered sexual harassment; the steps one should take if they are being sexually harassed; and the EEOC’s role in sexual harassment claims.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the conditions under which unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes as sexual harassment.
2. Enumerate the circumstances in which sexual harassment may occur.
3. Explain which factors courts consider to determine whether an environment is hostile.
4. Investigate who carries the burden of preventing sexual harassment.
5. Examine the amount of time a victim has from the date of the discriminatory activity to file a discrimination charge with the EEOC in order to preserve their rights.
6. Identify the most effective weapon against sexual harassment.