STDs Overview and in Homeless Settings
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides insight for health care professionals on understanding and treating common STDs among those experiencing homelessness. Included in the topics of focus: an overview of the common sexually transmitted pathogens and the diseases they cause; populations at disproportionate risk; sex workers and survival sex; partner management; and risk factors, predictors of testing, and promising testing strategies for HIV/AIDS.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what the CDC urges health care providers to consider in the context of local disease prevalence.
2. Enumerate which high-risk groups clinicians should screen for gonorrheal infections.
3. Investigate which populations are at the greatest risk for STDs.
4. Examine the assumptions that should be made by the health care professional in order to practice trauma-informed care.
5. Identify the factors that are associated with an increased likelihood of HIV testing.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-02-26