CE Course Description
Health care-related laws and regulations are essential to the administration of ethically driven health care that is both safe and effective. Therefore, each state has developed specific laws to help guide nurses administering care to patients. Due to the importance of state laws and regulations, nurses should be familiar with their state of licensure's health care-related laws and regulations to ensure they understand how to legally, ethically, safely and effectively administer health care to patients in need. This course reviews information regarding Florida's health care-related laws and regulations for nurses practicing in the state of Florida. This course also highlights the application of Florida's health care-related laws and regulations to patient care.
Author: Marc R. Macera, PharmD
References / Contributions by:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). www.cdc.gov
- Florida Board of Nursing. (2020). https://floridasnursing.gov
- Florida Department of Health. (2020). www.flhealthsource.gov
CE Course Objectives
- Review Florida's Nurse Practice Act.
- Examine recent health care-related Florida legislation to determine how such legislation affects nurses and other health care professionals.
- Explore the application of Florida's health care-related laws and regulations to patient care.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Section 1: Florida's Nurse Practice Act
- Section 1: Summary
- Section 1: Key Concepts
- Section 1: Key Terms
- Section 1: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 2: Recent Florida Legislation
- Section 2: Summary
- Section 2: Key Concepts
- Section 2: Key Terms
- Section 2: Personal Reflection Question
- Case Study: Florida State Law
- Case Study
- Case Study Review
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2020-01-01