Understanding Elder Abuse
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
This CE course provides a summary of each elder abuse theory and its possible application. In addition, the theoretical directions suggested are intended to spur the critique of existing theories and facilitate the development of new theories that will enhance the understanding of elder abuse. Of the many types of elder abuse, financial exploitation, physical abuse, and neglect are the three of focus for this course.
Article Author: Shelly L. Jackson, Ph.D. and Thomas L. Hafemeister, J.D., Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Provide an explanation for why the field of elder abuse has been devoid of guiding theory.
2. Investigate which is often cited as the fastest-growing form of elder abuse.
3. Compare and contrast the current theories used to explain elder abuse.
4. Examine the existing models / theories that have been adequately tested and critiqued with the five widely accepted criteria used for evaluating theories.
5. Identify adjustments that should be made to address the shortcomings of current elder abuse theories.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-06-23