Comprehensive Infection Control
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Beginning
This course qualifies for "Universal Precautions" credit.
CEU Course Description
Healthcare-associated infections are an important cause of morbidity and mortality among hospitalized patients worldwide. This CEU course explains how to improve personnel safety in the healthcare environment through appropriate use of personal protective equipment and how to reduce healthcare-associated infections by improving hand hygiene practices.
Author: Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/HAI/pdfs/ppe/PPEslides6-29-04.pdf
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss which behavior demonstrates competence of hand hygiene.
2. Enumerate the major components to healthcare worker safety programs.
3. Explain when handwashing, in contrast to using alcohol-based rubs, is required.
4. Examine which microorganisms alcohol-based hand rubs rapidly reduce.
5. Identify which type of respirator would be worn by personnel entering the room of a patient with infectious tuberculosis.
6. Provide the correct sequence for donning PPE.
Date Added: 2018-06-17
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.