Opioid Safety Guidelines
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This CE course discusses the safety guidelines for chronic opioid therapy (COT) for patients with chronic non-cancer pain by examining: prescribing; management of patients with COT; tapering and discontinuation; treatment of withdrawal symptoms; and referral criteria.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss clinical skills and knowledge needed to provide safe and effective chronic opioid therapy (COT).
2. Summarize the adverse effects of opiates and differentiate between opioid dependence, tolerance, and addiction.
3. Analyze strategies to safely manage and monitor patients on COT, including prescribing considerations for clinicians.
4. Evaluate the clinical indications for tapering opioid therapy and identify medications that may be used to treat withdrawal symptoms.
5. Describe screening tools that may be used to assess pain and function, depression, and substance use issues among patients on COT.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.