Medical Errors Prevention
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
*Florida: This course is 'only' approved for Florida Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians and Nutrition Counselors for medical errors credit.
**If you are licensed by the Florida Board of Social Work, Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapists we instead recommend the following two courses for which we auto report to CE Broker on your behalf for ME Credit: Medical Errors for Mental Health Professionals and Medical Errors and Behavior Management
CE Course Description
This course is a fusing together of a short AHRQ Medical Errors Tip Prevention pamphlet and a more involved paper detailing the scope, definition, investigation process and laws surrounding Medical Errors. The paper focuses on Florida but the definitions, protocols and preventions outlined are certainly applicable anywhere.
CE Course Objectives
1. Demonstrate knowledge of common consumer tips regarding medical error prevention.
2. Explain the scope and definitions of the medical errors problem.
3. Define root cause analysis and its use in medical errors prevention.
4. Understand Florida legal definitions as well as Joint Commission findings.
5. Enumerate greater risk populations and most common misdiagnosed conditions.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.