Legal Protection for Older Adults During All-Hazards Emergencies
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
The guidance offered in this course is intended to help close many of the gaps in emergency planning and preparedness for vulnerable older adults. In particular, this CEU course seeks to give public health officials, the Aging Services Network, emergency management personnel, and essential partners from other sectors and at all jurisdiction levels the critical information, strategies, and resources they need to improve the planning for and protection of vulnerable, community-dwelling older adults during all types of emergencies.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain the actions required by officials, when planning for older adults, in order for shelter facilities to meet the special needs of this population.
2. Investigate what impairs older adults’ ability to prepare for, respond to, and adapt during emergencies, and can therefore put them at greater risk of illness and death.
3. Elucidate what planning officials should do to protect vulnerable older adults during emergencies.
4. Identify the core elements of public health legal preparedness for emergencies and other public health priorities.
5. Provide the purpose of the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act.
6. Describe what should be kept in mind when creating health or emergency messages or instructions.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.