Implementing Drug Abuse Treatment in Criminal Justice Settings
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the Health & Justice article authored by Ducharme et al. and has the purpose of being both an introduction to the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s work in the area of linking offender populations with effective treatment for drug abuse, HIV, and other related conditions for which they are at high risk, as well as a window onto the challenges of conducting health services research in setting in which improving public health is not the organization’s core mission.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the urgency for effective implementation strategies to improve the detection, prevention, and treatment of drug abuse and addiction in criminal justice populations.
2. Review the mission of The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), as well as the structure and goals of the Criminal Justice Drug Abuse Treatment Studies (CJ-DATS) cooperative.
3. Summarize studies being conducted to test strategies for enhancing treatment service delivery to offender populations.
4. Discuss the challenges of conducting health services research in settings in which improving public health is not the organization’s core mission.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-04-15