Support for Behavioral Health Needs Stemming From COVID
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The United States is in the midst of a mental and behavioral health crisis exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic that is anticipated to continue worsening and have a long-term impact on the entire population. As a result, government agencies have developed support services to combat the ever-growing threat of mental and behavioral health crises exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. This course will review such services, as well as related concepts, to build awareness among health care professionals.
Author: This is a publication of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Executive Order Saving Lives Through Increased Support for Mental and Behavioral Health Needs Report, December 2020. The EO orders the creation of a Coronavirus Mental Health Working Group to examine existing protocols and programs. This Report sets forth actions to date, as well as recommendations for future activity to address these critical issues.
Recommended Citation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Executive Order Saving Lives Through Increased Support for Mental and Behavioral Health Needs Report, December 2020.
References / Contributions by:
- Kerman, N, et al. (March 2018). The Effects of Housing Stability on Service Use Among Homeless Adults with Mental Illness in a Randomized Controlled Trial of Housing First. BMC Health Serv Res 18 (1): 190. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29558927
- The Real Digital Divide? Advertised vs. Actual Internet Speeds Purdue University Center for Regional Development Purdue Center for Regional Development https://pcrd.purdue.edu/the-real-digital-divide-advertisedvs-actual-internet-speeds/
- FCC Report on Broadband Deployment in Indian Country, Pursuant to the Repack Airwaves yielding Better Access for Users of Modern Services Act of 2018 https://www.fcc.gov/document/report-broadband-deploymentindian-country
CEU Course Objectives
Recognize concepts related to support services for the prevention and management of mental and behavioral health crises.
Identify concepts related to civil commitments, services, and programs such as: Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT), Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), and Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs).
Examine how government agencies are providing assistance for emerging needs related to COVID-19.
Evaluate government agencies' recommendations regarding the emerging needs related to COVID-19.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Executive Order Summary
- Building on System Strengths
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2021-04-15