Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Family Therapy
$40.00 | CE Hours:8.00 | Intermediate
IAODAPCA CE Credit for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP I or II, CVSS II
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CE Hours for only $74.95?
Click Here to learn more.
CEU Course Description
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA's) Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) update provides information and guidance on the latest science-informed, family-based interventions and family counseling approaches for substance use disorders (SUDs). This course reviews SAMHSA's TIP to provide health care professionals with the necessary insight to optimize patient care. This course also highlights SUD recommendations that health care professionals may use when treating patients in need.
- Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. (n.d.). The Legacies. Retrieved August 13, 2019, from https:// al-anon.org/for-members/the-
- Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice. (n.d.). Guidance on caseload and clinical activity for family and systemic psychotherapists in the NHS. Retrieved March 30, 2020, from www.aft.org.uk/ SpringboardWebApp/userfles/
aft/fle/Members/ GuidanceonCaseloadandClinicalA ctivityforFamily SystemicPsychotherapists.pdf
- Bartle-Haring, S., Pratt, K., & Knerr, M. C. (2019). Policies and procedures manual for the Ph.D. specialization in couple and family therapy. Retrieved August 9, 2019, from https://ehe.osu.edu/sites/ehe.
osu.edu/fles/fles/ couple-and-family-therapy- policies-and-procedures.pdf
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. (2020). Results from the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed tables. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Retrieved September 14, 2020, from https://www.samhsa.gov/data/
- Recognize the influence of substance misuse on families, while obtaining insight into substance use disorders (SUDs) and related concepts.
- Identify family counseling approaches.
- Examine integrated family counseling and methods to address SUDs.
- Recall administrative and programmatic considerations regarding SUDs, while reviewing diversity in SUDs treatment.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1—Substance Use Disorder Treatment: Working With Families
- Chapter 2—Influence of Substance Misuse on Families
- Chapter 3—Family Counseling Approaches
- Chapter 4—Integrated Family Counseling To Address Substance Use Disorders
- Chapter 5—Race/Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation, and Military Status
- Chapter 6—Administrative and Programmatic Considerations
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2022-01-01