Co-Occurring Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Problems
$25.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CE Hours for only $74.95?
Click Here to learn more.
CE Course Description
People with developmental disabilities are at increased risk for developing mental health problems across the lifespan, and treatment professionals often find it difficult to determine whether the behavior they are looking at is due to an underlying disability or a mental health problem - or both. This CE course provides an overview of dual diagnosis, focuses on the impact of dual diagnosis on family life, and explores treatment and support for people affected by dual diagnosis.
Article Author: Yona Lunsky, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss suggested ways of supporting all children, including siblings of people with special needs, and maintaining a strong family life.
2. Enumerate the five principles that guide how to care for people with dual diagnosis.
3. Explain how Asperger’s disorder is different from classic autism.
4. Elucidate what a treatment plan should include.
5. Identify psychological risk factors that interact with life stressors and biological predispositions and reduce a person’s ability to cope with stressors and be resilient.
6. Describe the three major groups of symptoms related to bipolar disorder.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-05-22