Sexual Harassment, Prevention, and California Law
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This course provides detailed information on: sexual harassment in the workplace; prevention of sexual harassment; employer responsibilities, liability, and obligations; employee responsibilities; types of sexual harassment claims; behavior that is considered sexual harassment; the steps one should take if they are being sexually harassed; and the EEOC’s role in sexual harassment claims.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the conditions under which unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes as sexual harassment.
2. Enumerate the circumstances in which sexual harassment may occur.
3. Explain which factors courts consider to determine whether an environment is hostile.
4. Investigate who carries the burden of preventing sexual harassment.
5. Examine the amount of time a victim has from the date of the discriminatory activity to file a discrimination charge with the EEOC in order to preserve their rights.
6. Identify the most effective weapon against sexual harassment.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-09-30