Medical Errors Prevention
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Florida: This course is 'ONLY' approved for ME credit in Florida for Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians and Nutrition Counselors for medical errors credit. All others will receive GN (General) credit only.
**If you are licensed by the Florida Board of Social Work, Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapists the following 2 courses are approved for you for ME credit: Medical Errors for Mental Health Professionals and Medical Errors and Behavior Management
CE Course Description
This course is a fusing together of a short AHRQ Medical Errors Tip Prevention pamphlet and a more involved paper detailing the scope, definition, investigation process and laws surrounding Medical Errors. The paper focuses on Florida but the definitions, protocols and preventions outlined are certainly applicable anywhere.
CE Course Objectives
1. Demonstrate knowledge of common consumer tips regarding medical error prevention.
2. Explain the scope and definitions of the medical errors problem.
3. Define root cause analysis and its use in medical errors prevention.
4. Understand Florida legal definitions as well as Joint Commission findings.
5. Enumerate greater risk populations and most common misdiagnosed conditions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-03-13