STDs Overview and in Homeless Settings
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides insight for health care professionals on understanding and treating common STDs among those experiencing homelessness. Included in the topics of focus: an overview of the common sexually transmitted pathogens and the diseases they cause; populations at disproportionate risk; sex workers and survival sex; partner management; and risk factors, predictors of testing, and promising testing strategies for HIV/AIDS.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what the CDC urges health care providers to consider in the context of local disease prevalence.
2. Enumerate which high-risk groups clinicians should screen for gonorrheal infections.
3. Investigate which populations are at the greatest risk for STDs.
4. Examine the assumptions that should be made by the health care professional in order to practice trauma-informed care.
5. Identify the factors that are associated with an increased likelihood of HIV testing.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-02-26