Sexual Violence in the Military
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course provides advocates working in community-based sexual assault programs with an understanding of sexual violence in the military and to offer resources to support their collaborative efforts with military personnel in responding to the needs of survivors and preventing sexual violence.
This material was reprinted with permission, from the National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s publication titled “Sexual Violence in the Military: A Guide for Civilian Advocates.” This guide is available by visiting www.nsvrc.org.
Article Author: National Sexual Violence Resource Center Advisory Council, Pam Brown, M.Ed
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the connections research has found between sexual violence while serving in the military and diagnoses of mental health problems.
2. Enumerate the attitudes that contribute to an environment where sexual violence can occur.
3. Investigate the reasons cited by female victims for not reporting their assault.
4. Compare and contrast restricted vs. unrestricted reports with regard to the benefits provided to the victim and prosecution of the perpetrator.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-05-26