HIV AIDS Overview
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Beginning
Florida - in addition to the Florida boards we are specifically approved by, the following additional Florida boards accept this HIV course by virtue of an MQA complementary board, for hiv credit: Florida Board of Acupuncture, Florida Board of Athletic Training, Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel,Florida Board of Massage Therapy, Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators, Florida Board of Occupational Therapy, Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice, Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine, Florida Board of Respiratory Care, Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition, Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery, Florida Council of Medical Physicists, Florida Electrolysis Council, Florida Emergency Medical Services
CEU Course Description
This course provides: an HIV overview; the HIV life cycle; the stages of HIV infection; HIV testing; FDA-approved HIV medicines; HIV/AIDS clinical trials; HIV prevention; mother-to-child transmission of HIV; HIV treatment; HIV drug resistance; HIV and immunizations; and side effects of HIV medicines.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the way antiretroviral therapy affects a person’s life and long-term health.
2. Identify which cells of the immune system the HIV virus attacks and destroys.
3. Explain the different methods of HIV testing and when it is appropriate to use each testing method.
4. Discuss the recommended practices between those that are HIV positive and those that are HIV negative, including mother-to-child practices, for preventing HIV transmission.
5. Examine the CDC’s recommendations for HIV testing regarding how often and who should be tested.
6. Investigate the HHS guidelines for recommending antiretroviral therapy and how patients would follow these recommendations.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-09-27