Hand Hygiene and Infection Control
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
Adequate hand hygiene is essential to the safe and effective administration of health care. Thus, health care professionals should be very familiar with adequate hand hygiene. This course will review recommended hand hygiene procedures and indications, while providing health care professionals with the insight necessary to maintain the integrity of infection control when administering health care to patients in need.
Author: Marc R. Macera, PharmD
References / Contributions by:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention www.cdc.gov
- WHO Guidelines on Hand Hygiene in Health Care: a Summary www.who.int
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration www.fda.gov
CE Course Objectives
- Review recommended hand hygiene procedures and indications.
- Examine the infectious agents that may be transmitted to patients on the hands of health care professionals.
- Identify methods to maintain the integrity of infection control while administering health care to patients in need.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Section 1: Hand Hygiene
- Section 1: Summary
- Section 1: Key Concepts
- Section 1: Key Terms
- Section 1: Personal Reflection Question
- Section 2: Infection Control
- Section 2: Summary
- Section 2: Key Concepts
- Section 2: Key Terms
- Section 2: Personal Reflection Question
- Course Review
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2020-01-01