Florida Laws and Rules for Social Worker and Mental Health Professionals
$15.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Beginning
This course is approved for Laws and Rules credit by The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
CEU Course Description
The State of Florida recognizes that emotional health is just as important as physical health. As members of the public seek counseling, clinical services, psychotherapy, or other psychological services to address their mental health needs, the legislature is in place to provide for their health, safety, and welfare. The State of Florida recognizes that those practicing clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, and mental health counseling must be qualified to practice their profession so as not to present a danger to public health, safety, and welfare. Therefore, the legislature was set forth to assist the public in making informed choices for mental health services, establish minimum qualifications for entering and maintaining one's professional active status, and encourage professional cooperation amongst mental health professionals. Those practicing or desiring to practice in the State of Florida must be knowledgeable of the laws and rules that regulate their profession.
Author: The material contained herein was created by EdCompass, LLC (”EdCompass”) for the purpose of preparing users for course examinations on websites owned by EdCompass, and is intended for use only by users for those exams. The material is owned or licensed by EdCompass and is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and under applicable international treaties and conventions. Copyright 2022 EdCompass. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, retransmission, or republication of all or part of this material is expreslly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by EdCompass in writing.
CEU Course Objectives
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the Florida law and rules for social workers, marriage and family therapists, and mental health counselors licensure.
- Identify behaviors that would lead to disciplinary action.
- Recognize the constraints and allowances regarding confidentiality and privileged communications
CE Outline with Main Points
- Licensure Requirements
- Sexual Misconduct
- Violations and Penalties
- Confidentiality and Privileged Communications
- Display of License
- Using the Title of Social Worker
- Professional Counselors Licensure Compact
- Establishment of Compact Counseling Commission
- Professional Counselors Licensure Compact: Public Records and Meetings Exemptions
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Health Professions and Occupations: Grounds for Discipline, Penalties, and Exemptions
- Appendix C: Resources
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2023 - 01/03/2026. Social workers completing this course receive 3.00 'Ethics' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2022-11-22