Behavioral Health Issues Among Afghanistan and Iraq U.S. War Veterans
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course introduces some of the problems facing Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans and can help healthcare and social service professionals understand these veterans’ needs. Topics relating to returning OEF and OIF veterans will look at: behavioral health issues; substance abuse; mental disorders; and the roles of primary care, behavioral health, and social service providers.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify mental health and substance abuse issues that veterans who have served in Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom, or OEF) and Iraq (Operation Iraqi Freedom, or OIF) may face.
2. Describe common stress reactions that those returning from a combat zone may experience.
3. Outline steps that primary care and behavioral health providers can take to help OEF and OIF veterans.
4. Discuss the roll of social service professionals in contributing to recovery and better health for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
5. Summarize specific suicide risk factors for veterans as well as behavioral health issues that may increase the likelihood of attempted suicide.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-09