Ecological, Biological, and Developmental Studies of Self-Regulation and Stress
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course addresses important unanswered questions regarding the impact of stress on self-regulation development including how lasting these effects may be, if there are particular periods of development that are more sensitive to its effects, and how individual differences moderate the impact of stress on self-regulation. Environmental and contextual factors that may increase vulnerability to and protect children from the effects of stress is also examined.
Article Author: Amar Hamoudi, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the stressor characteristics that may be especially toxic.
2. Investigate the part of the brain that plays a central role in managing “executive functions,” which are an important aspect of cognitive self-regulation.
3. Describe the parental attribute that has been found to predict emotion regulation and delay of gratification in children.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-05-09