$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-14, for DV Supervision 2 CEs. This approval will appear on your CE Certificate.
** Ohio Licensee's: Ohio CSWMFTB has approved this course for supervision for 2 CE hours for counselors and social workers only. MFTs may take it for General CE only.
**Florida: this course is approved for 2 CE hours of General hours and not for Supervision.
CEU Course Description
A short course on Clinical Supervision suitable for those supervising interns in a clinical setting. Extracted from TIP 52 from SAMHSA.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, David J. Powell, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify the functions and principles of clinical supervision.
2. Describe competency-based, treatment-based, developmental, and integrated models of clinical supervision.
3. Discuss how cultural and contextual factors, ethical, legal, and boundary issues, informed consent, and confidentiality impact supervision.
4. Evaluate direct and indirect methods of observation in supervision.
5. Summarize practical issues in clinical supervision such as distinguishing between supervision and therapy and balancing clinical and administrative functions.
Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020. Social workers completing this course receive 2.00 continuing education credits.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-05-04