Suicide Prevention in High Schools
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This toolkit was prepared for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) by the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) in collaboration with Education Development Center, Inc. This toolkit was developed to assist high school personnel design and implement strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health among students.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the roles of school personnel, parents, and mental health professionals in preventing suicide among students.
2. Describe strategies that can help students who are at risk for suicide.
3. Understand how to respond to the suicide of a student or other member of the school community.
4. Evaluate suicide prevention programs and activities that are effective for individual schools and that respond to the needs and cultures of each school’s students.
5. Determine how to integrate suicide prevention into activities that fulfill other aspects of the school’s mission, such as preventing the abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2013-03-19