Suicide Prevention in American Indian and Alaska Native Communities
$8.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Suicide is a significant public health problem in the United States, with the rates of suicide within some populations being particularly high. This CEU course provides information about suicide clusters and responses in tribal communities; strength-based approaches to prevention, response, and recovery; existing and needed resources for prevention, response and recovery; and recommendations for tribal communities, and partners.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the factors that have been identified as protective against suicide attempts.
2. Compare and contrast the risk factors for suicide clusters and the risk factors for suicide in general.
3. Identify what has been identified as a characteristic that strengthens suicide prevention efforts.
4. Describe the components of the historical trauma response.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-10-31