Preventing Violence Against Children - THRIVES
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This CE course provides an overview of THRIVES and discusses the topics of: training in parenting; household economic strengthening; reduced violence through legal protection; improved services; values and norms that protect children; education and life skills; and surveillance and evaluation.
Author: Hillis, S., Mercy, J., Saul, J., Gleckel, J., Abad, N., and Kress, H. (2015, March). THRIVES: A Global Technical Package to Prevent Violence Against Children. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Violence Prevention, Division of Global HIV / AIDS, Division of STD Prevention.
Retrieved from: https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/31482
CE Course Objectives
1. Analyze the prevalence, repercussions, and public health consequences of violence against children.
2. Explain three THRIVES strategies to reduce incidences of violence that impact young people.
3. Deduce ways to strengthen parenting skills, improve economic stability, and increase legal protections as a means to protect children.
4. Summarize pertinent values and norms that protect children a well as education and life skills that can empower them.
5. Identify how surveillance and evaluation data is used for planning, implementing, and monitoring violence prevention programs.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Training in Parenting
2. Household Economic Strengthening
3. Reduced Violence through Legal Protection
4. Improved Services
5. Values and Norms that Protect Children
6. Education and Life Skills
7. Surveillance and Evaluation
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-12-28