Preventing Intimate Partner Violence Across the Lifespan
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-11, for DV 2 Victim and 2 Offender CEs. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CE Course Description
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) is a serious preventable public health problem that affects millions of Americans and occurs across the lifespan. This CE course discusses strategies based on the best available evidence to help communities and states sharpen their focus on prevention activities with the greatest potential to prevent IPV and its consequences across the lifespan.
Article Author: Phyllis Holditch Niolon, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate factors that put individuals at risk for perpetrating IPV.
2. Explain the technique critical to a primary prevention approach to the problem of IPV.
3. Investigate when IPV often begins.
4. Examine community-level approaches for creating protective environments against the perpetration of partner violence.
5. Identify for whom the lifetime prevalence of experiencing IPV is highest.
6. Describe the approaches for interrupting the developmental pathways contributing to partner violence.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2017-08-24