Hallucinogens and Dissociative Drugs - Updated
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Hallucinogens and dissociative drugs can disrupt a person’s ability to think and communicate rationally, or even to recognize reality, sometimes resulting in bizarre or dangerous behavior. This CE course compiles scientific information on the dangers of hallucinogenic and dissociative drugs.
Author: National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2015, February). Hallucinogens and Dissociative Drugs Including LSD, Psilocybin, Peyote, DMT, Ayahuasca, PCP, Ketamine, Dextromethorphan, and Salvia. NIH Publication Number 15-4209.
Johnston LD, O’Malley PM, Bachman JG, Schulenberg JE. Monitoring the Future national results on drug use: 1975-2014. Overview of key findings on Adolescent Drug Use. Ann Arbor, MI: Institute for Social Research, The University of Michigan; 2014.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Results from the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 2014. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4887. NSDUH Series H-49.
Winstock AR, Kaar S, Borschmann R. Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): prevalence, user characteristics and abuse liability in a large global sample. J Psychopharmacol. 2014;28(1):49-54.
Retrieved from: https://www.drugabuse.gov/
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain how the dissociative drug, salvia, causes its effects.
2. Identify the most common source of abused Dextromethorphan.
3. Name one of the most potent mood- and perception-altering hallucinogenic drugs.
4. Summarize the tolerance experienced for hallucinogenic drugs and name which hallucinogen does not produce tolerance.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. What Are Hallucinogens and Dissociative Drugs?
a. Classic Hallucinogens
b. Dissociative Drugs
2. How Widespread Is the Abuse of Hallucinogens and Dissociative Drugs?
3. Why Do People Take Hallucinogenic or Dissociative Drugs?
4. How Do Hallucinogens (LSD, Psilocybin, Peyote, DMT, and Ayahuasca)
a. Affect the Brain and Body?
b. How Do Hallucinogens Work?
c. What Are the Short-Term Effects of Hallucinogens?
d. What Are the Long-Term Effects of Hallucinogens?
5. What Are the Effects of Common Dissociative Drugs on the Brain and Body?
a. How Do Dissociative Drugs Work?
b. What Are the Short-Term Effects of Dissociative Drugs?
c. What Are the Long-Term Effects of Dissociative Drugs?
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2019-06-03