Mental Health Medications Update 2012
$12.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course gives a brief overview of how psychotherapeutic medications are used as treatment for mental illnesses. It covers specific medications for treating schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and ADHD. In addition to describing each type of mental disorder and the effect medications have on it, the course gives information on side effects of the medications listed, directions for taking the medications, and FDA warnings where appropriate.
CE Course Objectives
1. Know what psychiatric medications are most often prescribed for treating schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and ADHD.
2. Understand important differences between classes of medications used for treating these conditions.
3. Be able to recognize common side effects of the various medications used to treat these conditions.
4. Identify which people may have special needs to watch out for when taking psychiatric medications.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-09-04