Treatment of Fetal Alcohol Disorders (Updated)
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
One act of alcohol-exposed pregnancy (AEP) prevention can positively impact the life of the mother and the life of the unborn child. One change in how services are provided can multiply that impact many times over. This CE course provides healthcare professionals working with pregnant women and those with FASD the procedures for screening, appropriate prevention approaches, and procedures for referral.
Article Author: Patricia B. Getty, Ph.D., Jon Dunbar-Cooper, M.A., C.P.P., CDR Josefine Haynes-Battle, R.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., and LCDR Daniel A. Bailey, M.S., M.B.A; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate personal / sexual / family risk factors for an AEP.
2. Investigate what is needed most by a counselor to effectively serve individuals who have or may have an FASD.
3. Examine what should be considered when modifying a treatment plan for an individual who has or may have an FASD.
4. Identify the approaches to learning that should be avoided.
5. Provide a common theme that counselors need to be attentive to when working with those with an FASD.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-07-17