Self-Regulation and Toxic Stress - An Applied Developmental Perspective
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
There are seven key principles that summarize the understanding of self-regulation development. This CE course provides a comprehensive framework for understanding those key principles of self-regulation in context, using a theoretical model that reflects the influence of biology, caregiving, and the environment on the development of self-regulation. Consideration of how stress and adversity may impact self-regulation, along with the developmental tasks of self-regulation from birth through young adulthood, with particular attention to contextual factors that may impact development are also discussed.
Article Author: Amar Hamoudi Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Duke University, Desiree W. Murray Ph.D. University of South Florida
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain which processes are essential for self-regulation.
2. Investigate the concept related to self-regulation that has been defined as “positive or protective processes that reduce maladaptive outcomes under conditions of risk.”
3. Elucidate the experiences that can cause a toxic stress response in children.
4. Identify the most internal factor influencing a child’s capacity for self-regulation.
5. Provide the goal of self-regulation interventions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-08-26