$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
This course was developed from information provided by the National Institute of Mental Health to give a brief overview of the symptoms, development, treatment, and directions in research for schizophrenia. The information will be useful for professionals in the medical, social work, or mental health field or for students looking to increase their knowledge.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the positive, negative, and cognitive signs of schizophrenia.
2. Identify environmental causes of schizophrenia as well as factors related to brain chemistry and structure.
3. Review treatment options including medications and psychosocial treatments.
4. Discuss strategies that family members and friends may use to help the person with schizophrenia.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2012-10-05