Prevention and Management of Disruptive Behavior
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
Sensitivity to diversity will promote a workplace at lower risk for disruptive behavior and contribute greatly to the environment of care. This CEU course focuses on identifying negative, potentially disruptive situations involving affective, emotionally-driven, or impromptu violence and introduces skills needed to resolve those situations effectively. In addition, early interventions to reduce the likelihood that situations will escalate to involve physical violence is also discussed.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the limited items that are capable of reducing assaults.
2. Explain the actions that should be taken to prevent a situation from escalating.
3. Examine the personality traits that are potentially predisposing factors that may contribute to disruptive behavior.
4. Identify the single most important nonverbal communication a healthcare professional can convey.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-10-01