Opioid Use, Misuse, and Overdose Among Women
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Opioid use disorder is increasing at alarming rates for both men and women in the United States, but the prevalence of prescription opioid and heroin use among women is substantial. This CEU course provides an understanding of how the unique aspects of this epidemic impact women across age, race, geography, and income, and discusses best practices in OUD prevention and treatment for women.
Article Author: Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women’s Health
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain how long-term opioid use often begins.
2. Investigate the question that healthcare providers rarely ask patients but is one that can help with developing an appropriate pain management strategy or addiction assessment.
3. Examine the benefits of prescription drug monitoring programs.
4. Elucidate the primary reasons for why teens use opioids rather than other drugs.
5. Identify the factor that is responsible for the telescoping differences seen between the sexes.
6. Describe how caregiving may place women at a greater risk of substance misuse.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-11-20