Men and Suicide: A Neural Basis for the Acquired Capability
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Advanced
CE Course Description
The high rate of fatal suicidal behavior in men is an urgent issue as highlighted in the public eye via news sources and media outlets. This advanced CE course addresses this issue while attempting to understand the neural substrates underlying the gender differences in the rate of fatal suicidal behavior.
Article Author: Gopikrishna Deshpande, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain the observed gender differences in fatal suicidal behavior.
2. Investigate under what circumstances a lethal suicide attempt is possible.
3. Elucidate the sections of the brain that have been shown to form the hate circuit.
4. Identify the brain regions that are activated exclusively in males.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2017-01-12