Management of HIV, HBV, HCV, Human Bites, and Sexual Assaults in Prison Populations
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides specific recommendations for medically managing BOP inmates who have experienced potential exposure to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV) through various means, including human bites and sexual assaults.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the behaviors that will prevent many exposure incidents.
2. Investigate general instructions for treating the exposure site.
3. Elucidate the factors that impact the medical recommendation for PEP and affect the assault survivor’s acceptance of that recommendation.
4. Identify the tests for which a serum sample should be obtained during an initial examination.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-06-17