HIV AIDS Clinical Care - Adverse Events
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Florida - in addition to the Florida boards we are specifically approved by who need HIV credit, the following additional Florida boards accept this HIV course by virtue of an MQA complementary board, for HIV credit: Florida Board of Athletic Training, Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel,Florida Board of Massage Therapy, Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators, Florida Board of Occupational Therapy, Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice, Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine, Florida Board of Respiratory Care, Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition, Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery, Florida Council of Medical Physicists, Florida Electrolysis Council, Florida Emergency Medical Services
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides health care professionals working with the HIV-infected population information on adverse reactions to HIV medications; drug-drug interactions with HIV-related medications; and antiretroviral medications and hormonal contraceptive agents.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the actions included in supportive care for gastrointestinal adverse effects.
2. Enumerate the reactions that often require discontinuation of the offending medication.
3. Identify the HIV medications in particular that patients should be instructed have a high potential for significant drug interactions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-01-20