Domestic Violence Offender Program Standards
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-16 for 2 DV Offender CE Hours. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
IAODAPCA Credit for Counselor II, CARS II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CRSS I or II, MAATP II, NCRS II, CFPP II, CVSS II
CEU Course Description
Domestic violence, as a learned behavior, is supported by a system of beliefs and attitudes and requires a variety of approaches to prevent, reduce, and eliminate it. This CEU course provides standards that are designed to address the patterns and dynamics of male to female violence, control, and abuse. These standards are intended to serve as a framework for program providers to develop and deliver domestic violence services.
Article Author: Karen Jarmoc, M.A., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary goal of the domestic violence offender program, which takes priority over other intervention objectives.
2. Enumerate the areas that, at a minimum, should be included in the domestic violence offender program and addressed by the facilitators.
3. Investigate which program methods are strictly prohibited.
4. Examine under what circumstances a program may deny or limit a participant’s access to their record.
5. Describe the requirements that staff working directly with domestic violence offenders must meet in order to ensure the quality and effectiveness of services provided.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2017-01-15