Substance Use Disorders and Child Maltreatment
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Objectives
This manual, Protecting Children in Families Affected by Substance Use Disorders, provides a basis for understanding parental substance use disorder and its relationship to child maltreatment. The manual encourages enhanced collaboration between CPS and alcohol and drug abuse treatment agencies.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Feidler, M.S.W., Karen Mooney, LCSW, Mary Nakashian M.A.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the dynamics, characteristics, and effects of substance use disorders (SUDs).
2. Evaluate the impact of SUDs on children and the connection to child maltreatment.
3. Identify strategies to recognize and screen for SUDs and to establish plans for families experiencing these problems.
4. Describe methods to support treatment and recovery for SUDs, particularly in child maltreatment cases.
5. Recognize ways in which CPS and SUD treatment providers can coordinate their work in order to improve outcomes.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2013-04-11