Immunization, Vaccine Storage, Handling and Safety
$15.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 02/28/2021. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This CEU course discusses the timing and spacing of vaccines; adverse reactions following vaccination; contraindications and precautions to vaccination; invalid contraindications to vaccination; screening for contraindications and precautions to vaccination; vaccine storage and handling; receiving and unpacking vaccine deliveries; vaccine storage and temperature monitoring equipment; vaccine and diluent placement and labeling; vaccine storage troubleshooting; vaccine and diluent inventory control; importance of vaccine safety programs; sound immunization recommendations and policy; assessing and monitoring safety of vaccines; vaccine injury compensation; and the immunization provider’s role.
Article Author: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the conditions considered permanent precautions to further doses of pediatric DTaP.
2. Explain how long it is necessary to wait before giving the antibody if the live vaccine is given first.
3. Investigate when confirmation of vaccine effectiveness by serologic testing should be performed.
4. Elucidate ways that vaccines may be potentially compromised.
5. Identify the desired average refrigerator vaccine storage temperature.
6. Describe anaphylactic reactions.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-01-20