Supporting Women with Substance Use Disorders in Co-ed Settings
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
IAODAPCA Credit for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II or III, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, NCRS II, CFPP II, GCE, CVSS II
CE Course Description
Most women are served in co-ed settings, yet the design of behavioral health services rarely takes sex and gender differences into account. This CE course provides principles and practices that co-ed centers can use to assess and improve their programs to better serve women.
Article Author: Sharon Amatetti, M.P.H.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the aspects that trauma-informed and recovery-oriented approaches include.
2. Examine the ways in which men and women with SUDs differ from each other.
3. Define recovery capital.
4. Identify the most essential ingredient in SUD treatment and recovery services.
5. Describe an initial way to increase comfort and feelings of safety.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-11-14