Supporting Youth Transitioning Out of Foster Care - Education Programs
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The Urban Institute and Chapin Hall developed a typology to categorize the array of existing independent living programs for youth transitioning out of foster care and into adulthood. This CEU course focuses on the category of programs that aim to improve educational outcomes. It explains why these programs are important, suggests a way to think about the types of existing programs, and summarizes what we know about their effects. It then discusses the need to build an evidence base for these types of initiatives in the context of independent living programs and explores some next steps for moving toward that goal.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe what higher levels of education are associated with.
2. Examine, according to the legislation, how evaluations must assess programs’ effectiveness.
3. Enumerate the requirements for youth to remain in foster care until their 21st birthday.
4. Investigate what some of the achievement gaps between youth in foster care and their non-foster care peers may stem from and how this plays a part in their ability to learn.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-09-09