$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
This course was developed from information provided by the National Institute of Mental Health to give a brief overview of the symptoms, development, treatment, and directions in research for schizophrenia. The information will be useful for professionals in the medical, social work, or mental health field or for students looking to increase their knowledge.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the positive, negative, and cognitive signs of schizophrenia.
2. Identify environmental causes of schizophrenia as well as factors related to brain chemistry and structure.
3. Review treatment options including medications and psychosocial treatments.
4. Discuss strategies that family members and friends may use to help the person with schizophrenia.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-10-05