Pursuing Organizational Cultural Competence
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
Note: This course was extracted from SAMHSA’s (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Treatment Improvement Protocol Manual #59 Improving Cultural Competence. Please refer to the original manual for references and appendices.
CEU Course Description
This course provides organizational strategies to promote the development and implementation of culturally responsive practices from the top down, beginning with organizational self-assessment of current services and continuing through implementation and oversight of an organizational plan targeting initiatives to improve culturally responsive services.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss how leadership can make a difference in the implementation of culturally responsive practices.
2. Enumerate the requirements for organizational cultural competence.
3. Explain which groups of people should be included in a community advisory board established by the organization.
4. Investigate what a cultural competence plan should contain.
5. Examine the agencies and requirements that providers should be careful to follow when putting together an organizational cultural competence plan.
6. Scrutinize what is needed when planning for language services.
Date Added: 2014-11-12
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.